Here's a video of Skylar, who turned 17 a few days ago, practicing for a duet he sang yesterday at his cousin's wedding. They giggled at first when the pianist hit a few clunkers at the beginning. (No problem at the performance. Chris, the organist/pianist is a total pro and was incredibly generous with the time she gave for rehearsal.)
Lydia, the woman he was singing with, a really sweet girl, has an amazing voice -- operatically trained, and about 8 or 9 years older. We thought he did very well, keeping up with her, since he has never sung like this before. The performance during the wedding went beautifully. A huge sanctuary, so they used microphones.
I don't know where he gets those steely nerves. I used to get very nervous singing as "myself" (rather than in character) when I was younger.
We were very proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment